Error when deploying wireguard

Yes absolutely used command line for it. I copy and pasted what was on linuxserver.io for Docker Compose and changed a few things. I then ran the two command listed a few posts up and that’s it. Took a picture of the Peer1 QR that populated in the Peer1 folder with the Wireguard app. I haven’t changed anything else. The first attempt at using Portainer didn’t work so I deleted the container and image from Portainer before doing it this way.

im not sure then, we might need to wait for aptalca to pop in; what i’m seeing looks good to me.

are you seeing anything in docker logs -f wireguard

This looks like the only part of the log with any kind of issue. Something about v8 of the kernel missing.

Module build for kernel 4.19.97-v8+ was skipped since the
kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
Setting up wireguard-tools (1.0.20200513-1~18.04) ...
Setting up raspberrypi-kernel-headers (1.20200212-1) ...
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/dkms 4.19.97+
 * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 4.19.97+           [ OK ]
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/dkms 4.19.97-v7+
 * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 4.19.97-v7+        [ OK ]
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/dkms 4.19.97-v7l+
 * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 4.19.97-v7l+       [ OK ]
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/dkms 4.19.97-v8+
 * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 4.19.97-v8+               Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 4.19.97-v8+ cannot be found.
Please install the linux-headers-4.19.97-v8+ package,
or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located

Other than that every things says ok from this uneducated guys view point.

what do you see when you type uname -a

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.97-v7l+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:21:14 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

it’s pretty odd that it’s trying to pull headers for v8+ but you’re running v7l+… yah, we’ll need to wait on aptalca i think, im not sure what’s going on.

Ok thanks for the help

Just to add it may be an issue with the Orbi router. Canyouseeme says the port 51820 is closed. Yougetsignal.com says the same. I’ll need to figure that out. I’ll let you know if I can get this working. Thanks again.

The v8+ issue is fine, because that’s not your current kernel. As long as the module was built for your current kernel, it’s all good.

Like I said before, I’m 99.9% sure that it’s a connection issue, either IP or port forwarding is incorrect

Looks like we posted at the same time. Yeah I’m going to look more into the Orbi. There’s a VPN section in advanced settings but it wants me to turn on DDNS and only accept Netgear, No-IP, and one other service. I’m using Duckdns with the LS.io container to ping them every 5 minutes. This may be the issue. I’ll search around tonight and see what I can find. Enjoy Your weekend and thanks for the help.

I was told I needed to add a CIDR on both my wg0.conf and Peer1 file under

[Interface]
Address=

Right now there is just an IP and no CIDR. Could that be the problem? I tried to add them manually into the files and then did a restart of Wireguard. Didn’t solve it but I’m not sure that’s the right way to make changes to the configuration.

Any ideas?

Ok did it all again except changed SERVERURL to mydomain.duckdns.org and was able to finally connect and get internet. I have some concerns and questions about the trace routing but I’ll see if I can find answers on the Wireguard page. Thanks for all you guys do!