Adding scanners to Plex Docker container

Hi.

I’m using Plex Docker image in my Raspberry Pi 4 at home and it works pretty well. Sometimes seems a bit saturated, but so far so good.

I have a doubt: it is possible to add 3rd party scanners? If the answer is yes, do I need to follow any special instructions? I would like to add some good anime scanners like these:

Thank you!

We aren’t going to add non standard scanners to our Plex container as there will be users that don’t need them. I would suggest writing a script to add them yourself. https://blog.linuxserver.io/2019/09/14/customizing-our-containers/

Yes, I’m trying some stuff. I didn’t mean to request adding to the official image, but add in my custom setup.

Thank you for the link. I would post my scripts if I achieve making them work.

Hi.

I’m working on it, but I’m having difficulties to follow directory structure. Is it possible that plugins folder is “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-ac2afe5f8” instead of standard Ubuntu folder “/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins”.

Moreover, where are Scanners located?

Thank you!

Everything for plex is stored in the /config folder within the container.

Anbody got this to work?
I want to add 3rd party scanner but unfortunately I have zero linux skills.

You can use the official/unofficial LSIO image mod: GitHub - linuxserver/docker-mods at plex-absolute-hama

1 Like