Advice on migrating from Official NextCloud to LinuxServer/NextCloud?

Hello all!

I really like the LSIO approach to container management in the nice consistent approach to the way the containers are built and managed, so I am trying to migrate my setup to use them.

I have successfully ported all the other images I have over to LSIO ones, but I am having issues trying to map how NextCloud’s official image works into the way the LSIO NextCloud image works.

Has anyone done this before, or know of a good web page I can use to RTFM?

Thanks!

Hi @duckunix,

Glad you enjoy our containers, we have much fun creating them!

Unfortunately we don’t have any experience with migrating from the official nextcloud image to ours. I suspect what you’d need to do is copy the data from the /var/www/html/data on the official container, drop it into the /data mount on our container then run a occ command to force nextcloud to scan the contents.

Hopefully that makes some sense!

Cheers

Hi @j0nnymoe,

I tried the occ but somehow I get the advice to update the PHP Version.

$ sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all
This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.1<br/>You are currently running 7.0.33-0+deb9u6. Please update your PHP version

ImageVersion: 17.0.1-ls46

Am I doing something wrong?
I need to sync 16BG Data and the client takes me days and I want to avoid that.

Thanks for the replay!

To use occ in our container

docker exec -it nextcloud sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ

1 Like

Thanks for the fast replay! worked just fine for me <3

So, just closing this out.

After going back, and re-reading the example docker-compose script, I figured out why I was not getting it to work (basically, mounting old copy of /var/www/html over the lsio one!).

I then copied the NC’s config.php from my old install, and updated a few paths to match the lsio way, and hey-presto, it works.

Next up, parking it behind a proxy and a few other bits and bobs.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.