Asus Router, Google Domains, Let's Encrypt and SWAG

Hey everyone, I had read in the docs that SWAG/Certbot docker didn’t work well (or at all) with Google Domains but that seems to be for the dns method. The HTTP seems to work fine.

I registered a domain on google, setup DDNS via my Asus Router, spun up a swag docker on my unraid and off I went. I have a more detailed message with all the steps I took to get it working but it seems because I’m a noob on these forums, I can’t post it as there are lots of pictures. After I get a few posts up, I think I’ll be able too.

cheers

Http validation works regardless of dns provider. Dns validation depends on whether certbot supports it or has a plugin for it. The Google dns plugin for certbot is for the paid enterprise solution (Google cloud dns), not the free Google domains product.

1 Like

Ah ok that makes sense. It wasn’t exactly clear in the documentation that http will work regardless of dns. Mind you I’m not well versed in this particular area so could be I just overlooked common knowledge. :upside_down_face: