Can't get to WebUI for Nextcloud

Hello! So i am diving into docker and i am using the linuxserver image. I have followed the yml file and edited it to what i want. Issue is i can not get to the webUI. I have no idea why and the log file isn’t helpful. Can anyone tell me what maybe going on?

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/

───────────────────────────────────────
GID/UID

User UID:    2
User GID:    4

using keys found in /config/keys
Initializing nextcloud 28.0.1.1 (this can take a while) ...
Setting permissions
New nextcloud instance
Please run the web-based installer on first connect!
Initializing finished
After completing the web-based installer, restart the Nextcloud container to apply default memory caching and transactional file locking configurations.
Alternatively, you can apply your own configurations by editing /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php following the documentation:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/files_locking_transactional.html
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Exception: Not installed in /app/www/public/lib/base.php:283
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(709): OC::checkInstalled()
#1 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1200): OC::init()
#2 /app/www/public/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}

The last 4-5 lines just keep repeating themselves. Am i missing something?

Post the exact yaml you used + info about what OS you’re trying to deploy on.

services:
  nextcloud:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
    container_name: nextcloud
    environment:
      - PUID=2
      - PGID=4
      - TZ=America/New_York
    volumes:
      - ./config:/config
      - ./data:/data
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
    restart: unless-stopped

I am Using a Terramaster Nas on 5.x OS.

I have also tried the healthchecks too from their Github as someone mentioned but that didn’t work ether.

Having never used a terramaster nas, I can only guess that your PUID/PGID is incorrect and those repeating errors usually show when there is an issue with the /config volume. Usually when it’s going through a symlinked path or fuse file system.

The UID and GID are correct at least from what i gather from SSH. I am not sure what else it can be. I have php 8.0 installed.

You don’t need anything like php installed on the host, it’s all bundled within the container (kinda the point of containers).

If their system is anything like Synology/QNAP, I’d probably suggest creating a dedicated non admin user to deploy the containers as (get fresh ID’s).

What’s your full folder path for /config?

Full path is /Volume3/User/Docker/Nextcloud Nextcloud holds all the data and config files.

Ok, well all I can suggest is trying the new user option, otherwise I would suggest seeking support from a terramaster related forum. I have zero experience with the their platform and no one within the team owns one.

Got it, what system do you use? i haven’t been looking at converting over from this thing as it makes nothing but problems.

Various, Synology/Qnap/Unraid/plain debian systems. They all have their various quirks.

1 Like