Clarification on Sonarr Docker Container

I am planning on starting a Sonarr docker container, but I had a question about the instructions on DockerHub. I have this so far for my create command

docker create
–name sonarr
-p 8989:8989
-e PUID=1000
-e PGID=1000
-e TZ=American/Chicago
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
-v /media/WDC_WD5000BPKT-8/docker/sonarr/config:/config
-v <path/to/tvseries>:/tv
-v <path/to/downloadclient-downloads>:/downloads
linuxserver/sonarr

I’ve never used Sonarr, so maybe my question is just due to ignorance of how it works, but I thought Sonarr will monitor for and download things for me, so what is the -v <path/to/tvseries>:/tv \ and -v <path/to/downloadclient-downloads>:/downloads \ portion for?

I’m sorry, I somehow totally missed the Parameters section of the DockerHub page for this container. So am I right in understanding that the <path/to/tvseries> should be the directory I want media moved to after Sonarr finishes with it, and <path/to/downloadclient-downloads> should be the directory where my download client is configured to download to?

That is correct.

It’s also recommended to set the same folder for /downloads in sonarr, radarr and sabnzbd/nzbget because sonarr and radarr query for the download location of the files through the api prior to moving, and the api result they get will be relative to /downloads

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.