Daapd Container - Host name conflict [running on Synology]

Dear LinuxServer Team

I have some problems with the forked-daapd container.
I went thru the docker log and I might have found an interesting / helpful information:
it say’s:
<Host name conflict, retrying with daapd-33>

[LOG] mdns: Avahi state change: client collision

the Host name conflict goes on for ever - now: daapd-1591

---- so I seached the internet and found this: https://github.com/oznu/docker-homebridge/issues/35
I think it’s about the avahi client settings and homebridge.

I would be glad, if you could find some time to look into it.
I believe the Linuxserver team has a Synology-NAS to “rebuild” the problem. Anyway - I’m glad to deliver any further information needed to solve the problem.

Yours
Henning

I’m running into the same issue… any news or tips to try solving this?

To fix this, you’ll need to disable the avahi/bonjour services I believe within DSM.
"control panel under file services and under Mac file services. "

Hmm I see the same error but not running on Synology but on amn intel nuc that is also running home assistant ( what runs homebridge )

yes, avahi/bonjour on HA will conflict with daapd; if you’re not actually using it in HA, just turn it off… you could also explore macvlan but it’s not something we would help you with here… you can ask in our discord under #other-support though

Not sure about the services, but guessing HomeBridge ( to enable HomeKit integration ) in Home Assistant will rely on avahi/bonjour :frowning:

But thanks for the info!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.