Download speed is very slow in qbittorrent on docker. Not for qbittorrent on Win machine on same network

Hi folks!

I managed to install qbittorrent via Portainer Stack (Docker Compose) thanks to driz. But now I am testing the app by downloading the latest version of Ubuntu from here.

On qbittorrent on my main laptop, it downloads with more than 30 MiB/s while on qbittorrent on the server the speed is 40 KiB/s. So the difference is ginormous.

I did not touch any settings on either apps from the start. So there must be some throtling somewhere on the server. I run the docker container on OpenMediaVault 6. I tested the internet speed on the server with another LibreSpeed on another docker container. So no issues generally with the server.

Any suggestions on what I should look for?
Thank you so much!!

I will start by saying we do not support or recommend portainer for deployment of containers. We recommend docker compose, which just works.

You’ll need to share your portainer stack and your container logs.
I can tell you that in my testing, i was able to download the latest ubuntu at 89MBps in the qbittorrent container

Thank you, driz. Generally speaking I did not have any issues with stacks in portainer, issues that I wouldn’t have had in docker compose as well. :slight_smile:

I restarted and now it downloads with appropriate speeds.
I was a bit rash to make this post and I am sorry for this. I have to tell you I did not expect a simple restart was all that was needed :slight_smile:

Sorry once again and thank you for your help!
I will leave the post in case someone else ends up in the same situation.

glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait a sec. It just got back to 1 Kib/s. So… I guess it is still acting weird.

I will check some more and come with an update.

Yeap. Everything is working great!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.