Flutter on Code-server

Hi Guys,
Firstly I would like to thank everybody here at LSIO. I’m very new to Linux and the home server concept, and I’ve been fascinated by what you guys provide!

I’m busy writing an android app in my spare time and now I’m stuck. . .

I learnt how to code 20 years ago in high school and a lot has changed since then, and over the past year I’ve managed to put together a decent(in my mind) back end using python on vs code. But now its time for the front end, thus flutter on my code-server.

I’ve managed to install almost everything needed to build the default flutter app, but I can’t figure out how to do the rest. Here is the flutter doctor results:

[flutter] flutter doctor -v
[✓] Flutter (Channel stable, 3.3.9, on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS 5.15.0-53-generic, locale en_US.UTF-8)
• Flutter version 3.3.9 on channel stable at /config/DevTools/flutter
• Upstream repository “github flutter link”
• Framework revision b8f7f1f986 (7 days ago), 2022-11-23 06:43:51 +0900
• Engine revision 8f2221fbef
• Dart version 2.18.5
• DevTools version 2.15.0

[!] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK version 33.0.1)
• Android SDK at /config/DevTools/Android/
• Platform android-33, build-tools 33.0.1
✗ No Java Development Kit (JDK) found; You must have the environment variable JAVA_HOME set and the java binary in your PATH. You can download the JDK from “oracle jdk link”

[✗] Chrome - develop for the web (Cannot find Chrome executable at google-chrome)
! Cannot find Chrome. Try setting CHROME_EXECUTABLE to a Chrome executable.

[✓] Linux toolchain - develop for Linux desktop
• Ubuntu clang version 14.0.0-1ubuntu1
• cmake version 3.22.1
• ninja version 1.10.1
• pkg-config version 0.29.2

[!] Android Studio (not installed)
• Android Studio not found; download from “Android Studio link”
(or visit “Flutter android studio setup link” for detailed instructions).

[✓] Connected device (1 available)
• Linux (desktop) • linux • linux-x64 • Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS 5.15.0-53-generic

[✓] HTTP Host Availability
• All required HTTP hosts are available

! Doctor found issues in 3 categories.
exit code 0

I’ve installed the latest JDK and updated my PATH the same way I did it for the android sdk, but for some reason flutter doctor does not pic it up.

I’m not sure the Chrome check is important as I’m running this in a Docker-compose and working via a webGUI

And lastly, I don’t want to install Android Studio for the same reasons above.

Even with these issues flutter successfully created a new project by running the flutter: new project command in the command pallet, but starting the project with F5 gives the following problem:

Launching lib/main.dart on Linux in debug mode…

lib/main.dart:1

(boof_android_app:141185): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:27:26.778: cannot open display:

Error waiting for a debug connection: The log reader stopped unexpectedly, or never started.

Error launching application on Linux.

Exited (sigterm)

As I understand, the gtk-warning is for when there is no display . . . I don’t have a display as this is running from a server via a webGUI, thus I need your help.

Kind Regards
MrBlindMouse