Homeassistant 2023.6.2 permissions error on start up

Hello all. Ever since the 2023.6.x versions of homeassistant, I’m seeing some permissions errors when the container starts.

homeassistant    | WARNING: Ignoring invalid distribution ~ip (/config/lsiopy/lib/python3.11/site-packages)
homeassistant    | WARNING: Ignoring invalid distribution ~ip (/config/lsiopy/lib/python3.11/site-packages)
homeassistant    | ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/lsiopy/lib/python3.11/site-packages/decora_wifi'
homeassistant    | Check the permissions.
homeassistant    | 2023-06-19 09:06:51.598 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: light - Requirements for decora_wifi not found: ['decora_wifi==1.4'].

Has anyone seen and been able to fix this? I’m using the linuxserver/homeassistant image

Fixed in the latest update image

Are you using portainer or synology gui to update?

None. I am using docker-compose and doing updates from the commandline

Make sure you pull the latest image. Delete the folder /config/lsiopy and recreate the container.

If still having issues, post your compose yaml and a full container log

I noticed there is a /lsiopy and /config/lsiopy … are they both necessary?

they are Indeed required

Yes

Removing the config/lsiopy dir worked.
I do see permission warnings about config/.cache/pip though, which is not a big deal, but still floods the logs.

homeassistant    | WARNING: The directory '/config/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you should use sudo's -H flag.

Is this secondary venv supposed to be automatically generated on runtime? I ask because naturally my /config is preserved after the container is stopped, so i’m wondering how upgrades will deal with this from one python release to the next.

Secondary venv is created on container start (the first time) because it resides in /config, persistent storage.

Cache issue is harmless, pip doesn’t really need a cache folder (we always run it with --no-cache-dir but I guess HA doesn’t). Any case, it doesn’t cause any harm. You can try creating that folder in your config folder and it might get rid of the log messages. As long as it exists, its perms should be fixed on container start.

Python upgrades should be fine because all the python packages in that venv reside in a folder that has the python version in its name so packages are kept separated by python version.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.