How to configure linuxserver/ffmpeg to convert all files

Good morning!

I am not able to find a way to make it so that the ffmpeg docker is able to convert all the files inside the directory and put them with the same name on another directory, unfortunately there is not a complete manual about it, i am able to use this option with ffmpeg but with this docker not, your softwre is working perfectly with arm64, because i am able to use all the cores with H265, instead, ffmpeg uses only one core, because of limitations i think.

The configuration i use is this:
docker run --rm -it -v /srv/dev-sataa24/ToConvert/:/config linuxserver/ffmpeg -i /config/*.mkv -c:v libx265 -b:v 4M -vf scale=1280:-2 -c:a copy -c:s copy -y /config/Converted/Test.mkv

How i use this Option?

The easiest way to use the same directory names inside and outside the container is to mount them at startup with the -v parameter.

Examples:

-v /storage:/storage
-v /media:/media
-v /srv:/srv

this way /srv/dev-sataa24/ToConvert inside container will be equal to /srv/dev-sataa24/ToConvert outside container

Thanks for the help!!

In short i should do like this?

docker run --rm -it -v /srv/dev-sataa24/data/:/config linuxserver/ffmpeg -i -v /srv/dev-sataa24/ToConvert/.mkv -c:v libx265 -b:v 4M -vf scale=1280:-2 -c:a copy -c:s copy -y -v /srv/dev-sataa24/Converted/.mkv

in this case is going to convert all files MKV and to the ouput i have the same name of the input files?

i tried now. is not working unfortunately

I can say it louder but not clearer. I have not seen anywhere the parameter -v /srv:/srv

Sorry but i am new on Linux and using the docker, where i add this parameter? some help!!

i was able to apply the VOLUMES, now how i give the option to convet all files and have the output with the same name?
the command is:
docker run --rm -it -v /srv/dev-sataa24/Convertire:/config -v /srv/dev-sataa24/Convertire:/srv -v /srv/dev-sataa24/Convertire/Convertiti:/media/ linuxserver/ffmpeg -i srv/*.mkv -c:v libx265 -b:v 3M -vf scale=1280:-2 -c:a copy -c:s copy media/555.mkv -hide_banner

You have many knowledge gaps, first study how to convert an entire directory with ffmpeg here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5784661/how-do-you-convert-an-entire-directory-with-ffmpeg, and then how to install ffmpeg using docker here Installing ffmpeg using docker. Good luck!.

At the end i was able to force the install of ffmpeg 4.4 on debian 9 and not use the docker anymore, so the commans for the original ffmpeg i know already and all core are used

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.