How to have CodiMD use Sqlite as backend-DB instead of MariaDB?

Hi there,

I stumbled over CodiMD not too long ago and wanted to give it a shot. Their project page mentions the LSIO-docker-image so I found this is to be a good place to start with.
And yes, my docker-skills have become a little rusty, so please bear with me in case I’m missing something obvious.

Instead of using mariaDB I wanted to try to have CodiMD use Sqlite and therefore placed CodiMD’s sample-config into my hosts codimd folder /opt/codimd which is defined as to be handed into the docker-instance with the modified docker-create statement of

docker create \
  --name=codimd \
  -e PUID=1000 \
  -e PGID=1000 \
  -e NODE_ENV=develop \
  -e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam \
  -p 3000:3000 \
  -v /opt/codimd:/config \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  linuxserver/codimd

So besides leaving out the -e DB_... env-var declarations I also added -e NODE_ENV=develop in order to select the corresponing section in config.json.

Then, when starting the container-instance I receive a continuous flow of error-mssages like

Sequelize CLI [Node: 10.22.0, CLI: 5.5.1, ORM: 5.21.4]

Loaded configuration file "../../config/config.json".

ERROR: Dialect needs to be explicitly supplied as of v4.0.0

as the service seems to keep resetting itself.
I double and triple-checked that the .json is valid but the supplied config.json (where I also reverted pretty much all of my changes) looks good to me, especially the db-section

"db": {
        "dialect": "sqlite",
        "storage": "./db.codimd.sqlite"
      },

seems to adhere to the codimd-docs.

After a bit of head-scratching I went to check if sqlite3 is available in the LSIO-base image and found that libsqlite3 as well as a python2 and node module seems to be present.

But them I’m stuck for now wondering, what else might be needed? Do I need to build a custom codimd-docker-image in order to make additional (which?!?) packages, modules, etc. available?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
antp

Did you manage to resove this? I’m getting the same issue but with the default MariaDB install (copied and pasted the docker compose and edited accordingly).