How to port forward qbittorrent/deluge?

Hi,
I’m trying to expose the port outside the network but no luck. I can access the qBittorrent/Deluge from another computer on the same network with IP and port. I have attempted both UPnP and manual port forwarding on my router with no success. Here is my docker-compose file.

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  qbittorrent:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest
    container_name: qbittorrent
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=***/***
      - WEBUI_PORT=8080
    volumes:
      - /home/testbox/docker/qbittorrent/config:/config
      - /home/testbox/Downloads:/downloads
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
    restart: unless-stopped

If I install Qbit/Deluge via terminal/appimage, I can port forwarding without an issue.
Please help me out. I’m very new to this. I’m out of my wit here. :frowning:

*It is a physical machine, not a VM.

your router is the right place, you dnat 6881 tcp/udp from the router to your docker host ip, the docker host will handle getting it to the client – if that just won’t work, you could start with ismyportopen.com, your ISP could be blocking things, you could also verify you’re not explicitly blocking the traffic on the docker host.

Sorry, for the late reply.

your router is the right place, you dnat 6881 tcp/udp from the router to your docker host ip, the docker host will handle getting it to the client

OMG, this is where I was going wrong. I was giving another port number instead of 6881 in qBittorrent’s settings and router. I have now put port 6881 in qBittorrent’s settings and router. Port forwarding is working now. I feel so stupid now. :weary: :weary:
Thanks for the advice. :pray: :pray: :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.