How to start qbittorrent with existing config

Hi,

I’ve been running QB 4.3.3 on Ubuntu LTS 18.04 and decided to move to using lscr.io containers to run QB. I have a solid config and lot of seeds I would really like to keep but I can’t seem to get it to load. Because my config references a lot of directories in my home I mount that on the container as well. I’ve tried the following and always get an empty dash with no seeds and base config.

docker run --name=qbit -v /home/ironhammer/.config:/config -v /home/ironhammer:/home/ironhammer -e PUID=1000 -e GUID=1000 -e WEBUI_PORT=8080 -e TZ=US/Eastern -p 6881:6881 -p 6881:6881/udp -p 8080:8080 --restart unless-stopped lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance!
IronHammer

We would recommend starting out container with a fresh config and then migrating your configuration over. As the file paths are going to change due to moving to docker, it’ll be easier in the long run.

Ok. Thanks. How would I migrate the config exactly? In particular, I would like to keep my seeded torrents. I can configure qbit manually I guess.

So, I played around and managed to get it working with my existing config and seeds. Somebody else might benefit from this. All I needed to do was specify an additional volume for the data files.

-v /home/ironhammer/.local/share/data/qBittorrent:/config/data/qBittorrent