I cant get swag to point to my Minecraft docker but Plex works

Hello.

I’m new to Swag and need some help please.

I’ve setup and validated my domain’s dns within swags /dns.conf for cloudflare for ‘mydomain.me’.

An included /nginx/plex.subdomain.conf allowed me to get to access my plex server at plex.mydomain.me

When i try and use the included ‘_template.subdomain.conf.sample’ to generate a minecraft reverse dns, it doesn’t work if i use (from within the Minecraft app) the server address as minecraft.mydomain,me and port 80. So my question is, what do i check and where please?

My servers IP address is static, i’ve checked for double NAT, DDNS is setup and working, i can ping both the plex. and minecraft. subdomains which resolves to my WAN correctly (i cant put the full url as im a new user) and swag and both the plex and minecraft containers are on the same bridged network on my server. Ive also checked that set $upstream_app points to the correct container, which it does.

Im fairly new to this so hopefully i’ve used the correct terminology, please school me if i haven’t.

Contents to my minecraft.subdomain.conf file are below

## Version 2021/05/18
# REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: The structure of the file (all of the existing lines) should be kept as close as possible to this template.
# REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: Look through this file for <tags> and replace them. Review other sample files to see how things are done.
# REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: The comment lines at the top of the file (below this line) should explain any prerequisites for using the proxy such as DNS or app settings.
# make sure that your dns has a cname set for <container_name> and that your <container_name> container is not using a base url

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name minecraft.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

# enable for ldap auth, fill in ldap details in ldap.conf
    #include /config/nginx/ldap.conf;

# enable for Authelia
    #include /config/nginx/authelia-server.conf;

location / {
        # enable the next two lines for http auth
        #auth_basic "Restricted";
        #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

# enable the next two lines for ldap auth
        #auth_request /auth;
        #error_page 401 =200 /ldaplogin;

# enable for Authelia
        #include /config/nginx/authelia-location.conf;

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app binhex-minecraftbedrockserver;
        set $upstream_port 19132;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

# REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: Additional proxy settings such as headers go below this line, leave the blank line above.
    }

# REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: Some proxies require one or more additional location blocks for things like API or RPC endpoints.
    # REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: If the proxy you are making a sample for does not require an additional location block please remove the commented out section below.
    # location ~ (/<container_name>)?/api {
    #     include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    #     include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
    #     set $upstream_app <container_name>;
    #     set $upstream_port <port_number>;
    #     set $upstream_proto <http or https>;
    #     proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
    #
    #     # REMOVE THIS LINE BEFORE SUBMITTING: Additional proxy settings such as headers go below this line, leave the blank line above.
    # }
}

Regards.

Wx

Hello, few things.

1. minecraft is a container, not a docker (keep this one in mind as you grow in your docker adventures).
  2. swag is a web proxy, minecraft isn’t a website. (see 3 for caveat)
  3. you CAN proxy udp and tcp traffic using the stream module, we dont offer any support for it.