Issue with the DNSPLUGIN variable

Hello,
I tried to install SWAG with a wildcard let’s encryot certificat. I use the same example like in the SWAG Setup web page, but I have a message when I launch the docker without next information bottom :

Please set the DNSPLUGIN variable to one of the following:

This is my config :

swag:
    restart: always
    container_name: swag
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/swag:latest
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    ports:
      - "443:443"
      - "80:80"
    volumes:
      - /docker/swag:/config
    environment:
      - PUID=1015
      - PGID=1001
      - TZ=Europe/Paris
      - URL=toto.ovh
      - SUBDOMAINS=wildcard
      - VALIDATION=dns
      - DNSPLUGIN=ovh
      - EMAIL=yyy@xxx.com

Could you help me please, because I can’t found information with this error ?

I tried a few things and can’t reproduce the issue. Can you try running certbot plugins --authenticators and posting the whole output here?

Edit:
From inside the container, can you run echo $PATH and post the output here?
To get into the container you might need to run docker exec -it swag bash on the host.

Did you create/deploy this container with portainer or any other docker UI?

Hello, i encountered the same problem while using swag with portainer. It seems that something’s got changed with the container’s path? As soon as i removed the PATH environment variable from the container and let it recreate it, everything got fixed.

Thanks!

1 Like

breaking paths is a feature of portainer according to their github issues.

note that we do not support or recommend using portainer to deploy containers.

1 Like

Good to know driz, thank you for the information.

confirm. this method helped me too

I’m using Unraid (so SWAG with the unraid template) and I had the same message. Docker container was still running but I was unable to access it. I had to “force update” the container to get it running correctly again.

thanks. I had the same issue. Force to update resulted in downloading 100MB and container started to work.

Guys, you obviously have a different issue than what these guys encountered. You’re welcome to open a new thread, but please don’t necro threads with an issue unrelated to yours. Their issue was a path feature caused by portainer. your issue was a certbot change by the upstream devs.