Jellyfin - Resource Temporarily Unavailable

On a newly built Ubuntu 22.04 server, fresh docker install, jellyfin throws this error:

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Resource temporarily unavailable (repo.jellyfin.org:443)
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (11): Resource temporarily unavailable
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetPackages(String manifestName, String manifest, Boolean filterIncompatible, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
[06:34:12] [ERR] [8] Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager: An error occurred while accessing the plugin manifest: https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/plugin/manifest-stable.json
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|277_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.Json.HttpClientJsonExtensions.GetFromJsonAsyncCore[T](Task1 taskResponse, JsonSerializerOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Just from looking at your logs, it’s showing your container doesn’t have any access to the internet.

Without you providing more information about your deployment method/host os etc, it’s hard to say why.

Thanks for responding!

I fixed the issue! (Sharing the fix in the event it helps someone else.)

I keep my docker on an external mountpoint, so when I reinstall my OS and install docker, I halt docker, add a daemon.json file and define a data-root to the mountpoint. Lastly, I rsync the newly installed docker to the docker folder on the mountpoint and then start docker again.

What I should have done was delete the contents inside the mountpoint docker folder. I likely preserved something that wrecked the networking.

Anyway, all good now. Thank you!