Kbin and Lemmy, fediverse reddit alternatives

Both of these projects would be great to have prebuilt containers for

The devs of both are also the admins of their respective flagship instances. They are currently getting slammed from all directions.

12 Likes

@BenMcLean Hey, man! If you donโ€™t have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, maybe try shutting up?

For the devs: First, Iโ€™d like to thank you for all the work you guys do! I use your pre-builds in majority of my podman pods in my homelab. I use your Mastodon build, and am very much interested in a Lemmy equivalent.

Lemmy already has docker support: Install with Docker. Linuxserver version would likely want to integrate three containers into one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LemmyNet/lemmy-ansible/main/templates/docker-compose.yml, but honestly, you guys would know better than I would.

If you guys are interested in building a pre-built container for Lemmy, please let me know if I can help test anything!

1 Like

Iโ€™m a bit late to the game here and I apologize for letting this thread get out of hand like this.

There is a lot of offensive stuff in here. @BenMcLean is taking a break from discourse for a bit while they learn about being appropriate and knowing their audience.

In response to the original post, we create containers for things we use. While we see your request, itโ€™s currently unlikely. Weโ€™re not saying no, because who knows what will happen, however, I would not hold my breath.

1 Like