Letsencrypt: Timeout during connect

Hi,
I use linuxserver.io containers for nextcloud, mariadb, wireguard and letsencrypt. I noticed my nextcloud client couldn’t connect, so I restarted my containers. When trying to bring them back, I got this error from letsencrypt:

Domain: www..com
Type: connection
Detail: Fetching
http://www.…com/.well-known/acme-challenge/LJnvUhu42A4ZNqS_eKEZOSMUYRpPdqTdu8VjMJC4Sjk:
Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the client. If you’re using the webroot plugin, you should also verify that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

I checked my firewall, both from the router and the host machine and 80 and 443 are open. And my DDNS has the proper A, AAAA and CNAME entries. So basically I have no clue what to do next :slight_smile:

Oops.

This was due to DDNS not pointing to my ip.

I forgot to check DDNS, that wasn’t updated due to poor life choices regarding routers. Now DDNS points to my server and letsencrypt works. Leaving this here in case someone else finds this useful.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.