Linuxserver/plex errors when on shared storage

Hi All

i am running into an issue that i am hoping you can help me with,

on my Linux box (Ubuntu) i have a mount using cifs utils via fstab to a qnap NAS where my media is stored.

If i start the plex container with docker compose via my yml file defining the config dir local i.e. /home/mike/Config:/config everything works great

however I wanted to store the Plex config on this shared storage

Regardless if i defined the full path to the mount/share or create a symbolic link the results are the same

plex | Starting Plex Media Server. . . (you can ignore the libusb_init error)
plex | [ls.io-init] done.
plex | Traceback (most recent call last):
plex | File “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-91e1e2e2c/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py”, line 168, in
plex | run()
plex | File “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-91e1e2e2c/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstrap.py”, line 148, in run
plex | core = Framework.core.FrameworkCore(bundle_path, FRAMEWORK_DIR, config)
plex | File “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-91e1e2e2c/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/core.py”, line 148, in init
plex | self.set_value(‘LastVersion’, self.version)
plex | File “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-91e1e2e2c/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/core.py”, line 551, in set_value
plex | self.storage.save(self._values_file_path, json_str)
plex | File “/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-91e1e2e2c/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/storage.py”, line 91, in save
plex | os.remove(tempfile)
plex | OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.system/._StoredValues’

i can see files getting created in the mounted share but i get the above error am i doing something wrong?

its also worth mentioning that if i keep the config local the plex docker has no issues accessing and streaming the media from the share

I appreciate any help

thanks
Mike

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Please let me know if you found a solution for this.

We don’t support or recommend remote shares for the config folder for reasons including the issue you ran into. Especially databases do not like being on a remote mount.

fwiw, the issue is typically file based remote storage. dbs tend to work on block based remote storage. (you’re both using file based remote storage which databases (of any kind im aware of) do not support.)

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.