Lychee - uploading failure

Hi, I run lychee on synology NAS and have some troubles uploading photos.
There is an error: “Error: An upload-folder is missing or not readable and writable!”
Any ideas how to solve this?
thanks!

From the little information you’ve provided, going to guess you haven’t set the PUID/PGID correctly when deploying the container.

Unfortunately I have very little information myself.
In a docker technology I am a newbie. Synology environment is also quite new to me.

I created 2 directories for lychee container: one is for config, one for picures. I created new user for docker, set RW privileges on those directories, found its PUID=1029 and PGID=1023 for role I put it in.

Problem is I don’t know where the “upload-folder” is in container nor where it is aiming in the Synology system itself so the tracking here is limited for me.

this is my run command:

docker run -d
–name=lychee
-e PUID=1029
-e PGID=1023
-e TZ=Europe/Prague
-p 9000:80
-v /volume1/docker/lychee/:/config
-v /volume1/photo:/pictures
–restart unless-stopped
linuxserver/lychee

container is created with no problems, database is set on first run (that was a bit struggle too first time), the application seems to work fine, it just does not upload any photos :wink:

one more problem: Log does not work - shows error 500

and diagnostic says:
Diagnostics

Warning: Dropbox import not working. No property for dropboxKey.
Error: ‘uploads/big’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.
Error: ‘uploads/small’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.
Error: ‘uploads/medium’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.
Error: ‘uploads/thumb’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.
Error: ‘uploads/import’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.
Error: ‘uploads/’ is missing or has insufficient read/write privileges.

it seems that the problem is solved. the root cause is probably the architecture and access management in directories in Synology system. Created another directory for photos deeper under /volume1 and it works now