Minetest configuration issue

I’ve trouble configuring the minetest game within the minetest container. My docker-compose-file is basically the same as in the readme:

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  minetest:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/minetest:5.6.0
    container_name: minetest
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=Europe/Amsterdam
      - CLI_ARGS=--gameid minetest --port 30000
    volumes:
      - ./data:/config/.minetest
    ports:
      - 30000:30000/udp
    restart: unless-stopped

After running the container, the data-directory gets created and filled with the application data and configuration.

When I stop the container and edit the file data/games/minetest/minetest.conf with the configuration of (my children’s) preference… the file get’s truncated (emptied) when the container is started.

Here’s the container output: $ docker-compose up Starting minetest ... doneAttaching to minetestminetes - Pastebin.com

There must be something I’m missing… What am I doing wrong?

Bests,

Bram

Ah, found the issue. I’m not sure why, but if there’s no directory /config/.minetest/games/minimal in the container, the contents of /defaults/games is copied over to /config/.minetest/games/. This is done in /etc/cont-init.d/30-config.
This init-file should probably check for the the existence of the directory /config/.minetest/games/minetest instead of minimal.

The workaround for me is just creating an empty directory minimal in the games directory. Now, my config settings are not overwritten anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.