Missed a Nextcloud version and now I can access files - How to update file version?

The check and repair commands - can those be run via the root console on Unraid, or must they be run in the container’s console? I ask because the container console crashes as soon as I open it. But I’ll try and see what happens.

So… the MariaDB container keeps crashing. I think I have no other recourse except to re-install BOTH Nextcloud and MariaDB and start from scratch. Good thing is that I had really just gotten started with Nextcloud, so I don’t think it’ll cost me too much time. Sigh.

I fail to see on how people can fall so far behind on stuff like this. This is simple stuff. I make sure I check every couple of weeks for updates… Now folks who don’t keep their systems up to date have forced the hands of the devis to require pulling new images to update (which was a disaster for me last night)…

Just frustrating. What was had before was so ridiculously simple.

Well, actually, it’s pretty simple. I have 3 kids, I work 60+ hours a week, and Nextcloud was actually working. Plus, I’m rather old school, so I don’t like to do updates unless I have to. Because many times updates can make things worse.

Not to mention i absolutely HATE having to reset the upload file size limit and that sort of thing every time I update. Why the developers can’t make that part of the PHP config persistent, I don’t know, but it’s very frustrating to me. So I didn’t update it.

So, I thank everyone for their help, and for km0201, I’m so sorry I offended you because of how my life was going at this particular time when linuxserver decided to get rid of the ability to roll nextcloud back easily. Hope I didn’t ruin your day.

Thank you, everyone at linuxserver, for all your hard work. You guys make this sort of thing much easier for those of us who do this on the side and aren’t IT professionals, and I really do appreciate it.

I ended up just re-installing Nextcloud and MariaDB, and have re-transferred all 30TB of my files back into the Nextcloud data folder. Now Nextcloud is scanning everything and by the end of the day I’ll be back up and running.

Thank you to everyone who was helpful!

Dave

Use the undocumented /config/php/www2.conf file to persist php settings

It literally takes 2min to check and upgrade. I can almost guarantee you spent more time writing that post than you ever would have keeping NC up to date…

So not buying that. It’s just poor administration

You’re completely correct. It would have taken me far less time to just update than it has to figure out this problem. It’s been quite a lesson. And yes, I guess I am a poor at administration. Or, rather, I was.

But my life was different a month ago, and now that I’m at a crisis point with Nextcloud, I’m carving out time in a different way so that I can fix the issue. So go ahead, don’t buy it. I don’t care. I’m too old to even give a crap about whether or not your “buying it.” My reasons for not updating are lame, but those reasons were the truth. But if you don’t think so, then fine - I don’t care what you think. My guess is that your ego just needs you to somehow feel better than others by insulting them.

Anyway, I grow tired of you - You’re not contributing anything positive or educational to the conversation, nor are you helping. So go somewhere else and try to make yourself feel better in some other more constructive way, and let the nice people on here actually try and help out.

Roxedus - That is the first time I’ve heard about that in all my research about that issue. Thank you so much!

anything in /config is user modifiable and persists container upgrades and such. We do suggest making a backup of critical files before making changes though :slight_smile: