Nextcloud cannot use NFS volume

Hello everyone,

in the process of revamping my home lab, I created a new VM, installed docker, installed and configured portainer with an NFS volume. When I got to the nextcloud container, I tried to do the same steps, e.i. create the volumes:

$ docker volume inspect next-cloud-conf-volume
[
    {
        "CreatedAt": "2023-07-05T19:39:57Z",
        "Driver": "local",
        "Labels": null,
        "Mountpoint": "/var/lib/docker/volumes/next-cloud-conf-volume/_data",
        "Name": "next-cloud-conf-volume",
        "Options": {
            "device": ":/bigtank/SHAREDZFS/docker-volumes/next-cloud-volumes/conf-volume",
            "o": "addr=192.168.X.X,rw,async,nfsvers=4",
            "type": "nfs"
        },
        "Scope": "local"
    }
]
$ docker volume inspect next-cloud-data-volume
[
    {
        "CreatedAt": "2023-07-07T14:18:23Z",
        "Driver": "local",
        "Labels": null,
        "Mountpoint": "/var/lib/docker/volumes/next-cloud-data-volume/_data",
        "Name": "next-cloud-data-volume",
        "Options": {
            "device": ":/bigtank/SHAREDZFS/docker-volumes/next-cloud-volumes/data-volume",
            "o": "addr=192.168.X.X,rw,async,nfsvers=4",
            "type": "nfs"
        },
        "Scope": "local"
    }
]

Both folders in the NFS server are on 0777 permissions. When I try to deploy the nextcloud container I get this output:

$ docker run -d   --name=nextcloud   -e PUID=1000   -e PGID=1000   -e TZ=Africa/Casablanca   -p 443:443   --network newipvlan   --ip 192.168.10.5   -v next-cloud-conf-volume:/config   -v next-cloud-data-volume:/data   --restart unless-stopped   lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to chmod on /var/lib/docker/volumes/next-cloud-conf-volume/_data: chmod /var/lib/docker/volumes/next-cloud-conf-volume/_data: operation not permitted.
See 'docker run --help'.

I can’t see which permission are causing this error since I’m using an identical volume configuration with portainer

Best regards,

We don’t provide support for using portainer to deploy our containers.

That said, you need to make sure the UID/GID you’ve used to deploy the container has permissions/access to that NFS share.

Mybe that wasn’t clear, but I’m still using the host cli to deploy all my containers. I only mentioned Portainer as I used an nfs volume for it just before working on nextcloud.

thanks you for your swift reply

As for the the IDs, the values that I used should work since I’m allowing all ‘Others’ to have full permission on the targeted folders. I’m I missing something here