Nextcloud Mail question

OK, slowly I’m breaking the clutches of Google with Nextcloud.

I’ve solved cloud storage problem obviously. Calendar and contacts were easy.

Collabora was just causing me to many headaches. Problem solved with the Only Office add on and onlyoffice/documentserver. This actually may have been a blessing in disguise as it was super simple to setup through my reverse proxy, and I’ve actually very quickly grown to like it a lot (even over Google Docs)

Now I’m down to email. This I think is an easy one or might be a feature request. I’ve added my email to the mail app for Nextcloud, can send and receive emails no problem.

My issue is the view. I hate it. Folders on Left, Mail list in the middle, view on the right.

Is there a way to turn off that view on the right, and the email open when I click the mail in mail list, or some other view than this (even top/bottom would be better I think, but I’m still not a fan of it). It just seems so cramped. I’ve not added the actual email I want to use yet, and am simply testing with an outlook account… I can mitigate this a little bit by adjusting the panel width of the “middle” panel… so it’s not a deal breaker… but I’ve always hated this view. I’d rather just have a list of subjects, and click one to open/read it.

https://imgur.com/h0siSRz

Thank you.

this is more a suggestion for developers/UI of nextcloud mail app so write to them or try RainLoop

I’ve kinda learned to deal with it. I still don’t like it, but I’ll look into making the suggestion.