Nextcloud upgrade from 22.6 to....anything

I’m getting an error when attempting to update the nextcloud container.
My docker compose was originally on 20.0.6 and I’d internally performed upgrades successfully to 22.2.6. Not I have a banner in nextcloud saying it’s out of support. So as I’d normally run the updater, I tried that. There was a 404 page.

A quick google led me to linuxserver/nextcloud - LinuxServer.io where this section appllied:

Perform the in app gui update.
Use the CLI version by running docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar (Both of these are described here)
Note: Both occ and updater.phar can be run without prepending with sudo -u abc php or sudo -u www-data php

But attempting to run updater.phar give me an error

Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

And when I look in that location, not only is updater.phar missing, but also an updater directory.

I tried pushing up the container version to 23.0.4 (somethign in the 23s from the linuxserver tags). Pulled and recreated the container in the hope these directories and script would appear. But no.

Where would I go from here?

You would need to restore a backup as it sounds like an update as wiped out some of your files.

When you do an update, it should zip up your previous config data.

Yeah does seem like that…So I have a hunt around and found: updater/updater.phar at master · nextcloud/updater (github.com) So i might download that into the container and try and run it…hopefully that does something good.

That’s not what I’m recommending you do but you can try it.

Yeah Ha cowboy (I’d taken snapshot of my vm, so i was realatively confident I could recover).

So I did try exactly this, and it was quite happy to do the uppate. I only saw one error as part of it

Could not rename /data/updater-ocmapm570nzm/downloads/nextcloud/updater/index.php to /config/www/nextcloud/updater/../updater/index.php

But I pushed through that. But at the end it wanted an occ upgrade and asked if it could end maintenance mode. It now seems to be on

Nextcloud 22.2.10
A new version is available: Nextcloud 23.0.11

Which looks promising…I might see about a 23 upgrade soonish.