Ombi with a mounted config directory

Hi

I tried to move my Ombi container from one machine to another today. To simplify the setups, I started to keep all configuration files of my containers in a single place. So I shutdown my container first, moved the files from the local directory to the network drive and then mounted the directory as a NFS mount. The files on the network directory are owned by the UID 1026 and has a GID of 100.

I then tried to start the container again with the following command:

docker run -d \
  --name=Ombi \
  -e PUID=1026 \
  -e PGID=100 \
  -e TZ=Asia/Hong_Kong \
  -e BASE_URL=/ombi \
  -p 3579:3579 \
  -v /mnt/settings/docker/ombi:/config \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  lscr.io/linuxserver/ombi:latest

However, after starting the container I can’t access it. And the log files show an issue with changing ownership and it seems it fails because of this.

[migrations] started
[migrations] no migrations found
───────────────────────────────────────
      β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—     β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•— β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•— 
      β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘     β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—
      β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘     β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
      β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘     β•šβ•β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
      β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β•šβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•
      β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•šβ•β• β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β• 
   Brought to you by linuxserver.io
To support the app dev(s) visit:
Ombi - Patreon: https://patreon.com/tidusjar
Ombi - PayPal: https://paypal.me/PlexRequestsNet
To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID
User UID:    1026
User GID:    100
chown: changing ownership of '/config': Operation not permitted
**** Permissions could not be set. This is probably because your volume mounts are remote or read-only. ****
**** The app may not work properly and we will not provide support for it. ****
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230816.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230829.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230812.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230813.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230814.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230808.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230830.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230815.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230904.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230805.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230824.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230806.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230809.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230826.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230821.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230820.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230807.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230810.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230811.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230827.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230818.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230817.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230819.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230825.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230903.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230822.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230823.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230831.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230901.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230902.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/log-20230828.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/Ombi.db': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/OmbiExternal.db': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/OmbiSettings.db': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config/.bash_history': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/config': Operation not permitted
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service init-ombi: command exited 1

Is there any way I can get that to work?

yes, but not that we will help with. We do not offer support to users with fixing host, network, or remote mount issues.
I will say that databases do not typically work well on file-based remote mounts so we specifically recommend against using those types of mounts for our /config path, generally speaking.
You likely need to look into mounting your share as the user/group you need, specifically.

1 Like