Openvpn-as cannot start server

I am trying to start up an openvpn-as container. My problem is that the admin gui is accessible (so some parts do function) but the openvpn server itself is not working.

My first attempt I started the openvpn-as with almost the exact docker command found in the container documentation:

docker create   --name=openvpn-as   --cap-add=NET_ADMIN   -e PUID=1002  -e PGID=1002 -e TZ=Europe/London   -e INTERFACE=eth0 `#optional`   -p 943:943   -p 9443:9443   -p 1194:1194/udp   -v /opt/OpenVPN/config:/config:Z --restart unless-stopped   linuxserver/openvpn-as

I can access the web gui, add users etc. but when I click the “start server” button on the status page I get:

iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)

I tried starting the container as privileged, and this leads to the following error when I try to start the server:

service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_openvpn'])
Service deferred error: IPTablesServiceBase: failed to run iptables-restore [status=2]: ["iptables-restore v1.6.0: Port `0' not valid", '', 'Error occurred at line: 101', "Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information."]: internet/defer:653,sagent/ipts:134,sagent/ipts:51,util/daemon:28,util/daemon:69,application/app:384,scripts/_twistd_unix:258,application/app:396,application/app:311,internet/base:1243,internet/base:1255,internet/epollreactor:235,python/log:103,python/log:86,python/context:122,python/context:85,internet/posixbase:627,internet/posixbase:252,internet/abstract:313,internet/process:312,internet/process:973,internet/process:985,internet/process:350,internet/_baseprocess:52,internet/process:987,internet/_baseprocess:64,svc/pp:142,svc/svcnotify:32,internet/defer:459,internet/defer:567,internet/defer:653,sagent/ipts:134,sagent/ipts:51,util/error:66,util/error:47
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['user', 'iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])
service failed to start due to unresolved dependencies: set(['iptables_live', 'iptables_openvpn'])

This is on a fedora atomic host, that is up to date.

What would be the cause of this issue?

It sounds like an issue with the host system. Check iptables on host