OpenVPN-as won't work on Synology

I’ve read another thread where somebody appeared to get this working but I can’t get it to run and allow access to the admin interface in my Synology NAS. The other threads issue was apparently the wrong user details, mine are correct.

The command I used to install and run the container was as follows

sudo docker create
–name=openvpn-as
–net=host
–privileged
–cap-add=NET_ADMIN
-e PUID=1026
-e PGID=100
-e TZ=Europe/London
-e INTERFACE=eth0
-v /volume2/docker/openvpn:/config
–restart unless-stopped
linuxserver/openvpn-as

It fires up and I see a few issues in the log. The log is viewable here

Attempting to access the admin url replies with the network connection being dropped or responding with empty response.

I’ve tried with and without host network and neither will allow me to access the web server.
I’ve also tried logging. in to the containers console and rerunning the config of OpenvVPN-as, again, this does not work, initially it says"Enabling service
Error: Could not execute ‘systemctl enable openvpnas’ to enable startup/shutdown scripts
", so I installed it and then it just failed to start OpenVPN-as server. So I’m at a loss now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Don’t use net=host, use the default bridge

Hi, thanks for the response, as mentioned, I’ve tried it as host and bridged, same issue :frowning:

I set ports when in bridge mode of Course though

post your docker create with bridge, and post a full docker log

My setup command for the bridged version is as follows

sudo docker create
–name=openvpn-as
–privileged
–cap-add=NET_ADMIN
-e PUID=1026
-e PGID=100
-e TZ=Europe/London
-e INTERFACE=eth0
-p 943:943
-p 9443:9443
-p 1194:1194/udp
-v /volume2/docker/openvpn:/config
–restart unless-stopped
linuxserver/openvpn-as

The console log from this is HERE

Accessing 192.168.1.224:943/admin results in the following results shown in the two images, one form safari, one from Chrome.

Hope that’s enough to give a hint as to what going on, I don’t see anything in a log when I attempt to connect via the browser

did you use https?

Rookie mistake! No I hadn’t, I just did and it works. Feel a bit stupid for this one.

Thank you for your help, you’re a star!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.