Plex can't seem to transcode EAC3 audio

I’m not sure if this is an LSIO issue or a Plex issue, but figure I’ll start here.
I’m running the latest version of the LSIO Plex docker container on Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS. Everything works fine except for transcoding of certain files. It seems that whenever I, or anyone who has access to my library, try to transcode a video with EAC3 audio, it fails to play. The loading screen goes to 33% and sits there indefinitely. From what I’ve gathered online, this is the point in the loading cycle that Plex begins to transcode, so it seems transcoding is the hang up. This is not an issue with most of my devices because I have them set to direct play. However, on Roku devices specifically, direct play results in an error about being no audio stream and the video is silent, so the only option for the Roku is to transcode. The error logs show the following:

ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x7f8656e5d080] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-912484ad-1b24-43fb-95a3-540bce90c131/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/z8irl2wwz4bdprpqynn8x9t3_665-0-12.wav

I’ve read some solutions online about deleting the codecs folder, mapping the transcode folder to the /tmp directory, and changing permissions without any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

For what it’s worth, I tried installing Plex standalone (no docker container) and it doesn’t cause this issue.

I would ask Plex what their thoughts are.

@mchampion did you ever get any clarity on this. A couple of friends and myself seem to be having the same issues. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Plex in docker (plexinc/pms-docker:latest). Most end-user devices wanting to play content with EAC3 are met with issues.