Problems with onboarding Firefox with audio on RDP Container lsiobase/gui or guacgui

Hi folks,

maybe someone can help me out with that problem. I did use that Dockerfile and did copied the service file in ./root/etc/service.d/firefox/run

im a rookie :slight_smile: didnt fin gui topic
thnx all

#Firefox via RDP
FROM lsiobase/gui:amd64-latest

#########################################
##        ENVIRONMENTAL CONFIG         ##
# Set correct environment variables
ENV TERM="xterm" APPNAME="firefox"
ARG DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

##         INSTALL DEPENDENCIES        ##
RUN apt-get update \
&& apt-get -y upgrade \
&& apt-get install -qy --no-install-recommends \
   firefox \
&& apt-get clean -y \
&& apt-get autoremove -y \
&& rm -rf /tmp/* /var/tmp/* \
&& rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

COPY root /

servicefile:

#!/bin/execlineb -P
# ./root/etc/service.d/firefox/run

# Redirect stderr to stdout.
fdmove -c 2 1

# Wait until openbox is running
if { s6-svwait -t 10000 -U /var/run/s6/services/openbox/ }

# Drop privileges and set env
s6-setuidgid abc
s6-env DISPLAY=:1 HOME=/config

# Execute Firefox
/usr/bin/firefox

it’s supposed to be /etc/services.d/firefox/run

thnx for your reply, yeah i did check that out… the file is there… in /etc/services.d/firefox/run

I would like to start the Firefox directly , when i can choose the Application in the XRDP Box (i cannot)
(lsiobase/gui ) or if i access to Port8080 ( lsiobase/guacgui) … …and i would like to have also sound…

Would be cool if we could find , what im doing wrong…

It’s hard to say without looking at the whole thing, but just as a quick and dirty test, I did the following:

1. Used an existing calibre container, which is based on guacgui (github repo here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-calibre)
  2. exec’ed into the container
  3. did apt update && apt install firefox nano
  4. edited /etc/services.d/calibre/run with nano to change the last line to /usr/bin/firefox
  5. Restarted container and voila, firefox was accessible on port 8080

It probably needs a whole lot of modifications and optimization as it crashes frequently, but at least the baseimage works and displays firefox

thank you very much for your help , i did check that out wiith the informations you provided, and …hurra… firefox is displayed. , yeah…
I did not find the exactly the problem i have with the lsiobase/gui Image with firefox… and with the audio Problem… What do you think, do i need guacomole , if i just want to connect with rdp , display firefoy and have sound ?

thanks so much
Matze