qBittorrent download immediately switches status to Errored

I am at a bit of a loss going through documentation and getting the qBittorrent docker container to work with my mergerfs pooled disk which I setup following the Perfect Media Server guide.. I have the downloads volume set to my pooled disk mount /mnt/storage and would like torrents to be able to be written here.

I have installed the container with the following YAML file:

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  qbittorrent:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent
    container_name: qbittorrent
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=America/Toronto
      - WEBUI_PORT=8081
    volumes:
      - /qbittorrent_data:/config
      - /mnt/storage:/downloads
    ports:
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
      - 8081:8081
    restart: unless-stopped

I’ve also checked the folder permissions for /mnt/storage

mark@Apollo:~$ ls -la /mnt/
total 28
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4096 Dec 21 21:31 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4096 Feb  5 02:46 ..
drwxrwxrwx  3 mark mark 4096 Feb  5 04:00 disk1
drwxrwxrwx  3 mark mark 4096 Feb  5 04:00 disk2
drwxrwxrwx  3 mark mark 4096 Feb  5 13:16 disk3
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jan 22 23:31 parity1
drwxrwxrwx  3 mark mark 4096 Feb  5 04:00 storage

Testing with the xubuntu image torrent, qBittorrent does create the file xubuntu-20.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso but it seems like it doesn’t download.

mark@Apollo:~$ ls -la /mnt/storage
total 132
drwxrwxrwx 3 mark mark       4096 Feb  5 04:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root       4096 Dec 21 21:31 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 mark mark      16384 Dec 21 21:25 lost+found
-rwxr--r-- 1 mark mark          0 Feb  1 20:34 placeholder.txt
-rw------- 1 root root     109606 Feb  5 04:00 .snapraid.content
-rw-r--r-- 1 mark mark 1791655936 Feb  5 13:19 xubuntu-20.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso

Any help would be appreciated to figure this out.

1 Like

I had the same problem. The linuxserver container for qBittorrent rebased to Alpine. The issue is between mergerfs and qBittorrent. The new version of qBittorrent requires mmap, which doesn’t work with FUSE when using direct_io.

Mergerfs provides the following setup for those who need mmap. I tried it and when I updated to the current version of qbittorrent, all my torrents worked, but none of them were listed in the webui. Maybe you’ll have more luck… I put the quote from mergerfs below and added both links at the end.

You need mmap (used by rtorrent and many sqlite3 base software)
allow_other,use_ino,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true,category.create=mfs

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#rtorrent-fails-with-enodev-no-such-device. https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#you-need-mmap-used-by-rtorrent-and-many-sqlite3-base-software