Quassel core image: User configuration

Evening all,

Firstly I’d like to say I love the work you fellas are doing, it’s really pleasing. I have been wanting to setup the Quassel-core image you guys have created and I get it to start-up however I am not sure how to get into the container and exec a command to --add-user to the Quasselcore.

If I run sudo docker exec quassel-core /bin/sh (to get a shell to run the quassel command) then it just exits, doesn’t even enter it.

I see it produces the DB files in my mount point as intended as well. Here is my compose.yml (I have binding the FS across over to /home/deavmi/vols/quassel/core/):

version: "2.1"
services:
  quassel-core:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/quassel-core:latest
    container_name: quassel-core
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=Etc/UTC
      - RUN_OPTS=--config-from-environment #optional
      - DB_BACKEND=SQLite
      - AUTH_AUTHENTICATOR=Database
    volumes:
      - /home/deavmi/vols/quassel/core:/config
    ports:
      - 4242:4242
      - 113:10113 #optional
    restart: unless-stopped

Startup wise (logs):

2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Error] Storage Schema is missing!
2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Error] Storage Schema is missing!
2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Info ] SQLite storage backend is ready. Schema version: 32
2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Info ] Database authenticator is ready.
2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Info ] Listening for GUI clients on IPv6 :: port 4242 using protocol version 10
2023-07-28 19:58:26 [Info ] Listening for GUI clients on IPv4 0.0.0.0 port 4242 using protocol version 10

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Update. I can get into the system. I forgot to pass -ti however I cannot run quasselcore --add-user it keeps complaining about certs but saying it can still run and then complaining about quassel already running.

Remove these lines from your compose and you’ll get the user setup screen in quassel GUI.

1 Like

Thank you very much, that worked!

for the ipv6 question, you have to set this up in docker itself. create an ipv6 enabled custom bridge, not something we help with, but it works fine with our containers.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.