Re-use an image (duplicati) elswhere?

hi,

I’m a happy user of Home Assistant and it has a concept of add-ons which in essence are docker images. However they need to follow some rules which obviously you don’t need over here.

For private use I’ve been inspired by the linux|serverio/duplicati image here - I did some minimal reformatting, added a mandatory json file, changed the webserver port and added a .py script to monitor a folder so it would clean-up Home Assistant snapshot files.

Is there an acceptable way to share that result in the Home Assistant community? Either by providing instructions for people to create a local addon or by publishing the add-on itself? If this is a no-go zone then obviously that is what it is.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi there @jhhbe

wondering if you ever managed to use addons with the home assistant container ?

yes, that worked fine but they need a Home Assistant equivalent of a docker compose. I’m no longer using duplicati, I used HA google backup addon and now the samba backup. Not sure if the add-on still works, meanwhile it needs some settings for architecture and I don’t remember if I updated.

For inspiration see: jhhbe/hassio-addons: Some Home Assistant addons (github.com)

My addon worked fine on a RPI4 running Hassos operating system.

1 Like