[Request] Apache's Guacamole

I would like to request a container for Apache’s Guacamole. There do exist some container options already including an official option, however the official option requires running 3 different containers. I’m looking for an all in one that supports the PUID and PGID env vars that other linuxserver containers use.

Thanks!

1 Like

We do have one, but it’s meant to be a base image for gui apps. You can check it out if you want.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I’ve already played with that. I had a slightly different use-case in mind. I was hoping to have just the guacamole web service so I could use it to access my VMs in my home lab. I wouldn’t be running any applications from the docker container itself.

Update: Is there a base image that I could possibly extend to build my own from? Something like the sabnzbd, deluge, or nextcloud containers? I like the linuxserver philosophy and would like to mirror that functionality.

There is one with all required software. It’s oznu/guacamole.

Works but of course would like one made by linuxserver so much more. Their methodology is better without any doubt.

Yes, I have tried that one as well. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. I just get constant error messages about the config directory not being owned by the correct user. The guac service never actually starts. This is why I really love the PGID and PUID functionality of linuxserver containers! Does docker inherently have this functionality? Maybe I’m just overlooking an easy solution? I suppose I could create my own container off of oznu’s and just modify the uid/gid of the default user?

That’s why linuxserver is better always. Their method is great.
What I did to use it is either, use a volume directly configured via docker or mount the /config directory in the container to another folder in the system. In this case I made a /docker directory on the root and put all my docker containers data there by directory name (even linuxserver containers). I have no permission issues doing it this way. Always using my PUID:1000 and PGID:100 when it is a linuxserver container of course.

I made oznu/guacamole work with this config (what I currently use under Openmediavault/debian):

version: "2"

services:
 guacamole:
image: oznu/guacamole
container_name: guacamole
restart: unless-stopped
ports:
  - :8080
volumes:
  - /docker/guacamole:/config

Previously was having the same issue as you when using a shared folder, configured under Openmediavault, to host all my containers’ data.

Agreed on this request. The official Dockers require 3 different containers to work and I’ve tried the other top 3-4 containers, they all have their own issues and don’t work perfectly (all coming down to PUID/GUID issues) and I tried lots of chown-ing inside and outside of the directories.

If you are all looking for an RDP/VNC client on your network try Taisun:
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/taisun

We make a guacd container to support ARM and we do a developer base image to embedd gui apps.
This is likely the extent we will automate a Guacamole setup.

There is now a baseimage based on Guacamole stack located here:
https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-baseimage-rdesktop-web/tree/bionic-java

You can take it for a test drive with:

docker run --rm -it -p 8080:8080 lsiobase/rdesktop-web:bionic-java bash

By default it runs xterm but you can swap out the GUI app you want it to run in the autostart file , you can also install an alternative gui if need be like these containers:

As far as making something to connect to remote clients, that is not this image, just thought I would update this with the new baseimage info if others are looking