[Request] jDownloader

Can i please request a jDownloader container? thanks!

1 Like

We don’t do VNC/GUI based containers right now, I recommend using this instead: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-jdownloader-2

thanks for your input and suggestion. i will try this one out…
can you please mark this request closed and keep it here so that there wont be a similar request in the future?

I would like to bring that request back on the table.

But I don’t request a GUI oder VNC Container here. Jdownloader is capable of running headless. On could use a Jdownloader Instance on a Computer to connect to it or use https://my.jdownloader.org to control it. There is a image I’m aware of doing that: GitHub - jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader: JDownloader 2 Docker Image (Multiarch) - Passed 40M Downloads

However, while this particular image is the best currently available, it’s not working properly in all cases and is not satisfying. Something like this on the linuxserver quality level would be great!

1 Like

Hi
+1 to request.
Jdownloader can be run headless via My JDownloader.
While this Docker Hub exists, it has many problems (like JDownloader not starting at all, while container is runned), and it wasn’t updated for almost half year.

I just discovered LinuxServer.io and it’s qualitative containers (great job!).
I have to add my +1 to this request because there is no proper alternative. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1
jdownloader2 container from linuxserver.io would be lovely

I have found a program called FreeRapid to be a nice open source alternative to jdownloader2

Regarding JDownloader:

• It seems we now have many KasmVNC-based LSIO images (e.g. firefox), so I believe the reason given in the first response doesn’t apply anymore.
  • The docker image jlesage/jdownloader-2 mentioned in that response is still valid and being updated, and it supports x86 and arm.

Alternatives:

• FreeRapid seems abandoned, with mentions to getting the source-code from subversion. No one uses subversion anymore in over a decade.
  • If you are interested in a lightweight downloader, try using pyload-ng.