[REQUEST] Jellyseerr - The best Ombi altenative

I would appreciate if you consider to add Jellyseerr to Linuxserver.io.

Jellyseerr is the best alternative to Ombi
•with a better interface
•better looking
•faster
•sort by movie kind (Action, Comedy, Horror, etc)
•sort by movie producer (Disney, Universal, Metro Goldwyn, etc)
•There’s no problem with the tv show episodes availability mark
•There’s no scaling problem when using on mobile screen

Please, just consider to try it before saying no.

Thanks

3 Likes

any progress?
maybe this isn’t the place to make this request

Just because something has been requested, doesn’t mean it will be built.

answer like
“we will not build this in foreseeable future”
is better than not answer at all
so i’m waiting for answer from staff

I’ll answer how I wish :slight_smile:
We currently have no discussed any plans to build this.

Though, apparently I’m not staff so you could be waiting a while longer.

sorry and thanks
didn’t notice you are a dev/mod

The developers of Jellyseerr are helping Overseerr add support for jellyfin, until that happens the official image is working fine

Support for Jellyfin in Overseerr has been “really close to being done” since the beginning of 2023. No shots to the dev, people have busy lives.

That said, I think linuxserver should reconsider adding Jellyseer, since it’s the only alternative available. Relying on the dev of a different project to finish his work is not a good option. The fact that the last comment on this thread was made 10 months ago should serve as evidence.

What do mods think?

We still think the official container is fine and have no plans to make our own container at this time.

I am new to your setup, 2 mins on the webpage in total experience.

Lets say i want to build what you guys have, can i easily implement this Jellyseerr into the eco system?

sure, we provide all of our base images for public use. We also provide some documentation on branding the container Brand New | LinuxServer.io

Note, it’s worth mentioning we don’t accept container builds from the community anymore due to issues with this in previous years.

OK =)
Is there any GUI interface for downloading/installing these containers, or is the idea that i do everything from ssh?

Ok, so Jellyseerr is from another community? And the ones you have here you have made yourself? Excuse my ignorance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, we don’t have a jellyseerr container.