[Request] Manyfold - 3d print file organizer

Hey folks!

I’m the developer of Manyfold (https://manyfold.app), a self-hosted webapp for managing 3d print files - a bit like having your own Thingiverse. The app is pretty mature now, and I’ve just created a new docker build that I think is linuxserver-compatible. It’s using s6_overlay, is all in a single container, and uses the PUID/GUID and /config standards. See this github issue for the details and sample docker-compose file for this new variant, which will get an official release in the next couple of days.

So, could I make an official request to get it added into the Linuxserver ecosystem? How would I go about making that happen?

We don’t accept 3rd party image submissions for various reasons but as it happens we’ve already been looking at creating an image for Manyfold after one of the team brought it to my attention.

I’ve pushed my WIP build to docker.io/thespad/playground:manyfold if you want to take a look and see what you think - it only takes REDIS_URL & DATABASE_URL and not individual host/port/db envs, but otherwise should be very similar to your existing image (or at least your old existing image).

Sure thing, I figured you wouldn’t want the actual docker build I’ve done, but I hope it’s close enough to be helpful!

Really great to hear you’ve been having a look already - I think the stuff I’ve done this week on the new solo image will be worth pulling across to be able to get rid of DATABASE_URL and REDIS_URL, and have a proper all-in-one container.

Anything I can do to help, please do let me know!

We don’t have an interest in that.

for others, this discussion moved to a private discord discussion, so I will close this.

1 Like