[Request] Mopidy

Hi, I think that Mopidy music server would be a great container to add to you wonderful containers repository. I’ve searched the forum but it appears no one requested Mopidy so far and I was surprised since it is a wonderful app!

Mopidy is an extensible music server written in Python.

Mopidy plays music from local disk, Spotify, SoundCloud, Google Play Music, and more. You can edit the playlist from any phone, tablet, or computer using a variety of MPD and web clients.

Compared to other music services the ability to play local files and music from streaming services in a single neat web page is a wonderful feature. Furthermore Mopidy is becoming really popular and in my honest opinion a properly maintained docker container would benefit the growing in popularity of the app.

Mopidy follows a modular concept as you need to install the various extensions that you want to use. Some extensions are integration with streaming services like Spotify or Jellyfin while other extensions are web clients that you can use to access the app.

Having said that it may surge the problem of how to actually select and install the extensions that one may need. For a start being able to bash in the container and install them manually could be fine I think. Otherwise it could be possible to select them using a environment variable or a label.

Thank you if you decide to support Mopidy!

4 Likes

hi are you using any alternative ?