[Request] Podcast Generator

Podcast Generator is a self-hosted PHP podcast publishing service. Users (well, admins) can upload audio (or video) files and they will be available on your self-hosted service, including a nice web page to view all the episodes, and a XML feed that can be imported into any podcast client app. It’s available since 2006 (16 years already!).

Want to take a look without installing? There is an online demo on their homepage.

There were a few docker images people have built for this project, but no official one (PRs welcome):

The advantages of a LinuxServer.io version would be many: well-maintained, reusing the same base images as other containers, great documentation, supported on multiple architectures (e.g. x64 & arm), configuration through env variables, change the UID/GID of the container, not running processes as root…

Related projects:

Another related project(s):

• genRSS works as a static podcast XML generator.

I’m sharing it here because that’s the solution I ended up using. And I’d edit the top message (to avoid bumping this topic), but it seems I can’t edit it anymore.

Use dir2cast myself and set up a containerized version on dockerhub ctkcoding/dir2cast Looking to add some admin ui to it as well going forward