rTorrent is running, but ruTorrent disagrees

I’ve been running the linuxserver/rutorrent docker image (latest) on my Synology NAS for quite some time without any problem at all. Suddenly, when looking at the web interface I didn’t see my list of torrents but instead:
“Torrent list not available yet, connection to rtorrent not established”.

I attached to the docker container and I can see that the rtorrent process is running:

root@linuxserver-rutorrent2:/run/php# ps x | grep rtorrent
  339 ?        Ss     0:00 SCREEN -D -m -S rtorrent s6-setuidgid abc /usr/bin/rtorrent -n -o import=/config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc
  657 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep rtorrent

I can attach to the process and it lists all the expected torrents.
(screen -r 339)

I’ve looked through the configuration files and I cannot find anything that is obviously wrong, but then again I am not sure what I’m looking after. I have made no configuration changes at all.

Do you guys have any suggestion on where to start looking? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

did it recently update or anything? if yes, try rolling the tag back
using latest can cause these issues :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought of that as well, but no - I haven’t done any updates. Nor did a downgrade work either (fetched an earlier version, deleted the container that were mapped to “latest” and started the “old” container). Same problem.

I don’t really know what to look for (what logs, and where). I mean, ruTorrent should probably complain about something in a log somewhere - but which one?

sorry man, no one on the team uses rutorrent; however, i did test our latest release to pull the latest debian iso and i had no issues. Could be a syno issue, but we dont have anyone running syno (yet, we’re getting close) either.

Was there ever a solution to this? I’m seeing the exact same behaviour as well as the rutorrent container just randomly dying with nothing of use in the logs.

FWIW, I’m not on a Synology - my containers are handled via compose on a debian server VM.

My test was on a debian server using compose and I did not have the issue. You’ll need to provide your compose, docker logs, and docker version. Preferably in a new thread.