Rutorrent container performance - starting web interface and doing some operations through it

Hello guys, first I must say that I was blown away by how easy it was to setup rutorrent with the image.

I’m running it on a Raspberry Pi 4, and all my containers work flawlessly with docker-compose.

The rutorrent container, however, has some performance issues, even though it works very well for the most part.

First of all, it takes a while to load the web interface. Let’s say something between 5-10 seconds loading it. When outside the container this process usually takes 1-3 seconds.

Ok, the second issue is that some operations, such as removing multiple torrents from the list and using that option “remove torrent + data” for multiple torrents at the same time will return a timeout for the web interface. Sometimes it does the operation, but times out. When you reload it, the web interface is outdated because it doesn’t reflect the operations you asked.

In short, rutorrent has a hard time coping with operations of multiple torrents that involve torrent and data deletion and moving.

Hello

I’m using this container in a HP N40L Microserver with the same behaviour. If I disable the unused plugins maybe it became faster, but not much.

1 Like