Rutorrent GUI randomly throws errors

Hi everyone,

I have been running the rutorrent container on my QNAP NAS for around a year, and while the problem has been present for the majority of that time, I have simply been too lazy and unconcerned to make a post about it.

Randomly, when I try to load the web GUI, I receive errors like the below on the page:

[05.03.2020 20:21:30] WebUI started.

[05.03.2020 20:21:33] Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getplugins]) SyntaxError: Unterminated string constant

Sometimes, restarting the container fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes, if I just load the page the next day, it works perfectly, sometimes not. The container is definitely running as I can see torrents are seeding and connectable, but for the life of me I have not been able to diagnose or resolve the problem. It has persisted across multiple versions of the container, so am convinced it is something related to my setup.

Any guidance into solving this would be much appreciated, Google has been of little help thus far.

Does no one have any ideas on how to troubleshoot or resolve this?

I would ask the rutorrent guys, we support the container, not the app.

Thanks @driz, do you have any idea where they can be reached? I am assuming GitHub is the right place?

I am going to do some testing this afternoon, followed by a container update this evening to the latest version, and retest tomorrow. I believe I have found a solution by modifying configuration in the container itself, and once confirmed, would like someone to verify if it is indeed app related, or container related.

My configuration changes at this point pertain to nginx and php.