Snapdrop container : peers can't see each others

Hi there everyone,

first of all I would like to shout out a big thank you to linuxserver.io. I found all the stuff I’ve digged through maintained, useful and documented to the top ! Since I have setup so easily that swag container, I almost feel like I too got some swag. I won’t post the gif but it definitely feels like it.

Sadly I encounter an issue with snapdrop : peers just can’t see each others on the snapdrop instance. For instance, I only can exchange files on browsers from the same computer.

• Maybe I should setup a swag reverse proxy conf file for snapdrop ?
  • Maybe the snapdrop container needs to join a network ?

Any help appreciated !

rzb

I’ve been running LinuxServer’s Snapdrop container for a few years so far. I recently realized iOS devices couldn’t detect any others in Snapdrop if the container runs behind a reverse proxy (esp. with SSL/TLS). I hope no one wastes a long time like me to find out the solution. Just go and turn on a Safari experimental feature called “NSURLSession WebSocket” in the iOS settings.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. Sadly I’m not using Safari. I will take a look at Firefox to find an option like this one.

Dear Forum,

I also have the problem of peers not showing up.

I have installed the latest snapdrop docker container on a raspberry pi4 using the Docker CLI command (no docker compose) as displayed on the website Docker Hub

When connecting with chromium to the local server the snapdrop website shows up with the message “reconnecting in 5 seconds”. No peers show up.

In chromium debug mode (F12) the console says:

network.js:16 WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost/server/webrtc’ failed:

Docker logs (docker logs snapdrop) gives the following error message:

Fatal error in , line 0
unreachable code
The nginx log (in CONFIGDIR/log/nginx/error.log) says:

2106/02/05 19:01:12 [error] 378#378: *148 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: “GET /server/webrtc HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://127.0.0.1:3000/server/webrtc”, host: “localhost”

After logging into the running snapdrop container, i cannot find the file WEBROOT/server/webrtc, and netstat doesn’t show any server listening on Port 3000 either (but instead on port 9000)

Here is what ‘netstat -tulpn’ from within the running container says:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 352/php-fpm.conf)
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 349/nginx.conf
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 349/nginx.conf

How can I make snapdrop work ?

Thank you for your hard work!!!
kind regards - andi

1 Like

Hi, I’m facing the same problem.
When I connect the two computers (a Win 10 PC with Firefox or Chrome, and a Mac with Safari) with ip:port of my Snapdrop container, it works.
When I use snapdrop.mydomain.com it fails (the UI loads as expected, but the computer don’t see each other).

It seems to lack some sort of parameters in the conf file of SWAG which act as the reverse proxy (no Cloudflare above it if it matters, and another tip about my setup : swag runs on a raspberry pi and snapdrop container is on another host).

Anyone find the right parameter to add in Swag snapdrop conf file ?

Thanks for your help.

Up. Nobody to provide some help or advice to correct this ?
Best regards.

Are you running all the latest configs? Your docker logs will tell you if any need updating.

Hi j0nnymoe,
When I last tried, I was on the latest release. I will check it again this week end and come back to you with some log.
Thanks for replying :wink: