Sonarr not handling files as expected

Setup is with Docker with LSIO containers using docker compose all on a single RasPi 4 with latest rasbian, everything with latest versions and recently updated

Issue i am having is with Sonarr, i select an episode, do the search, Sonarr gets the torrent from a private tracker and passes to qbittorrent.

qBittorrent properly does the download, but the download is put into the root downloads directory.

./usbdrive/media:/downloads

i am not sure how to get it so the downloaded file(s) are put into the right series/season directory.

When the download is done, Sonarr shows the activity queue item as yellow with the following
“No files found are eligible for import in /downloads/tvshow.name.nn.nn.mkv”

I am not sure what additional info from me is needed and I don’t want to just put in a wall of text from my configs. Since this topic is mainly Sonarr and qBittorrent, i will list those from my docker-compose.yml
Just let me know what else might be needed

version: '3.7'
services:
  torrent: 
    container_name: qbittorrent
    image: linuxserver/qbittorrent
    ports: 
      - 4098:4098
      - 8080:8080
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=America/New_York
    volumes:
      - ./torrent:/config
      - ./usbdrive/media:/downloads
  plex:
    container_name: plex
    image: linuxserver/plex:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    network_mode: host
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=America/New_York
      - VERSION=latest
    volumes:
      - ./plex/config:/config
      - ./plex/transcode:/transcode
      - ./usbdrive/media/Television:/data/Television
      - ./usbdrive/media/Movies:/data/Movies
  sonarr:
    container_name: sonarr
    image: linuxserver/sonarr:preview
    restart: unless-stopped
    ports:
      - 8989:8989
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=America/New_York
    volumes:
      - ./sonarr:/config
      - ./usbdrive/media/Television:/tv

in searching for similar issues, i saw others were having similar issue and maybe its something with the directories not being set, but i couldn’t extrapolate the right fix for my situation.

Thank for any help

you’re missing a volume for sonarr. you’ve given it /usbdrive/media/Television with no visibility into the actual download folder. you just have to follow the directions. :smiley:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/sonarr

-v /config      Database and sonarr configs
-v /tv          Location of TV library on disk
-v /downloads   Location of download managers output directory  <--this

in your sonarr compose add - ./usbdrive/media:/downloads

thanks i knew it was the directories, but i somehow missed that. i had been copying and pasting the docker-compose, but screwed that one up along the way or was thinking about it wrong.

thanks for the help

no problem, ensure you accept the response if it resolves your issue :slight_smile:

i will, im testing it now

if you enjoy using hardlinks (who doesn’t) you may want to do something like
- ./usbdrive/media:/media

then for downloads it’d be /media/ for downloads, and /media/Television for tv /media/Movies for movies

that way, sonarr can hard link files from /media to /media/Television, saving previous disk space

for example, my *Arr has
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Big-Data:/media
my plex has

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Big-Data/Music:/media/music
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Big-Data/Movies/:/media/Movies
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Big-Data/TV:/media/TV

and my transmission has
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Big-Data/BT:/downloads

under sonarr, download client, remote path mapping, i have remote path /downloads/TV/ to /media/BT/TV/

this way, sonarr is able to see transmission download the file via /media/BT/TV/ and once completed, hardlinks it to /media/TV/ with appropriate naming. if they are seperate volumes, you can’t hardlink (from what i’ve seen at least)

awesome, i was just noticing that while sonarr seems to be now working, the downloaded file is in two locations.
with what you mentioned, sonarr will move the file and leave a hard link so that the download client can still seed it?

yes, sonarr can copy it or hardlink it. copying will use double the space, hard linking will only use 1x the space. it will appear as 2 files, but occupying the same inode.

@DLlasa one note i forgot to mention is when you hard link, this can’t be across filesystems or volumes. so if you download to /dev/sda and plex reads from /dev/sdb you would have the file in both locations, whereas if both are on /dev/sda but different folders, they could occupy the same space physically while logically in both folders. HTH

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.