Sporadic errors from lscr.io containers - Error response from daemon: Get "https://lscr.io/v2/

I’m getting sporadic errors from Linuxserver containers.

Unable to update container “/firefox”: Error response from daemon: Get “https://lscr.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup lscr.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:52527->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/qbittorrent”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:51628->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/sabnzbd”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:57164->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/prowlarr”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:35121->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/radarr”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:53312->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/sonarr”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:42884->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Unable to update container “/plex”: Error response from daemon: Get “…”: dial tcp: lookup … on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:58207->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

(I had to remove the links in the 2+ quotes cause new users can only have 2 links.)

I’m not having issues with other containers. What could be causing this?

As mentioned on discord, you’ve got something on your host blocking DNS requests to port 53. Usually happens when you run pihole/adguard directly on the host and also make the server go through it.

I don’t have anything blocking anything out. In fact, the errors are not constant. I’ll do a pull and it’ll fail, and it’ll fail again, but then it’ll work. It’s not consitant which is what’s bugging me. And I’m not getting errors with other non LS containers.

Is there a way to maybe test if it’s a DNS issue? I can do dig and ping to lscr.io with no issues.

And now I’m getting it from ghcr_io.

Something is wonky.

Get “https://ghcr.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:52482->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Also, do you know how long it takes till I’m not a new user so I can put in more than two links?

Post the logs as markdown code block so Discourse doesn’t treat them as links

Get “https://ghcr.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:52482->[::1]:53: read: connection refused. Proceeding to next.

Like this ^^

Got it. I’ve always posted logs as quotes since that’s what they are. But this works. Thanks!

I don’t have issues pulling/updating from other repos like portainer/portainer-ce:latest or ghcr.io/bubuntux/nordlynx.

I’m only having issues with LinuxServer ones like:

• ghcr.io/linuxserver/plex:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/firefox:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/sonarr:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/sabnzbd:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/bazarr:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/radarr:latest
  • ghcr.io/linuxserver/prowlarr:latest

I tried the other linuxserver URLs too (lscr.io/linuxserver) and am having the same issue.

It doesn’t make sense that my network is blocking somethign since all the other pulls work fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

That’s going to be network issues local to you. Something on your host is blocking look ups. Hard to suggest when we don’t know your network setup but ad blocks like pihole adguard can cause these problems.

But I’m not having issues with any other container images. I also use these and neither of them have ever failed:

• portainer/portainer-ce:latest
  • ghcr.io/bubuntux/nordlynx

Right, but going off that you’re the only one that seems to be experiencing this, everyone within the team pulls these images from all around the world and we aren’t seeing these problems.

That error is showing something local to your machine. Again, can’t really suggest much more with zero knowledge of your network.

You can fwiw just remove the ghcr.io bit and pull from docker hub.

Hurmph. I did not know that. I will try that. Thanks.