Suggesting an update to documentation for ddclient

Not an issue per se, had trouble runing ddclient with a google domain.

Followed the guidance from both ddclient and google after some debugging I found an issue with permissions

The ddlclient.conf file was not showing up in the container as read only nor owned by ddclient.

This is the docker compose setup that worked for me.

version: "3.8"
    file: ./ddclient/ddclient.conf

    image: linuxserver/ddclient:latest
    container_name: ddclient
      - source: ddclient_conf
        target: /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf

As I don’t want to store my credentials in a repo I loaded them from a local file. Config will load this as the ddclient user on the container as it comes up.

Here is an example config, replace <user_from_google_domain>, <secret_from_google> and <domain_registered_with_google> with your respective info retrieved from your google domain.


You didn’t follow the container readme which is why you had issues.

If you are talking about

Then yes, I did and no it was not helpful.

Running with that prescribed guidance kept giving me permission issues on the volume / config file setup.

share the compose you used based on the readme and we can try to help. If you’re satisfied with what you’ve done, then no need.

To be clear, we’re not going to change the documentation since of hundreds of thousands of users, only 1 has ever reported this issue.