The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy

My apologies if this has been posted before. I am using Nextcloud, Let’s Encrypt (swag) and MariaDB images using Docker Compose file. I’ve been running it for a couple of years and decided to finally attempt to fix the Security & Setup Warnings I am seeing in my Nextcloud Settings.
One of the first warnings is this:

“The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy.”

I believe Nginx is the web backend. I have found some possible solutions in my web searches but I don’t know enough about Nginx to know if this is the correct fix or not. I have found that I need to add my container network IP to the trusted_domains section of www/nextcloud/config/config.php. Is this a solution? If so, can I just add the subnet range (e.g. 192.168.0.1/24)? Or, do I need to add the specific IP address of the Nextcloud instance?
Thanks.

you need to follow the directions in the top of the nextcloud.subdomain.conf file. Assuming you are using OUR nextcloud container.

Yep. My apologies. I found this…

https://www.linuxserver.io/blog/2019-04-25-letsencrypt-nginx-starter-guide#nextcloudsubdomainreverseproxyexample

…and implemented it. Just now brought it up using the directions and no more warnings.
Sorry for wasting posting space.

That’s a great article but also very old. Like i mentioned, the top of the subdomain.conf file has all the info you need and it is kept up to date. Any time you reverse proxy with swag, read the top of the proxy file itself to see what you need to do. by default, they are in /nginx/proxy-confs

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.