Torrents Stalled - Docker qBittorrent on LibreELEC/KODI

I’ve installed the qBittorrent Docker image and have the container running. I am able to open the Web UI and add torrents. It’s able to connect to the trackers and find peers. It’s not connecting to the peers, however.

Here’s my docker-compose.yml:

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  qbittorrent:
    image: linuxserver/qbittorrent
    container_name: qbittorrent
    environment:
      - PUID=0
      - PGID=0
      - TZ=america/new_york
      - UMASK_SET=022
      - WEBUI_PORT=8181
    volumes:
      - /storage/qbittorrent:/config
      - /var/media/My Passport:/downloads
    ports:
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
      - 1080:1080
      - 1080:1080/udp
      - 8181:8181
    restart: unless-stopped

I’m running LibreELEC/KODI on a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB machine. LibreELEC has root as the default user. I’ve also configured the container to use the nobody user, and the behavior was the same.

The 1080 port mapping is because I’m using a SOCKS5 proxy. I’ve turned that off and on in both the Docker configuration and qBittorrent configuration with no effect.

A couple of things:

We don’t recommend running as the root user, it can cause issues
TZ var is not set correctly, it should be America/New_York

Also, did you forward the incoming ports?

1 Like

It may be that fixing the TZ setting did the trick. I also realized that my original download volume wasn’t referenced correctly. I’m going to try running it as nobody, but I’m concerned because everything else on LibreELEC/KODI seems to run as root.

In our libreelec repo, we run all the containers as nobody:users. We do have to fix permissions for some folders that hold the media: https://github.com/linuxserver/libreelec-addon-repo/blob/master/docker.linuxserver.emby/bin/docker.linuxserver.emby#L71-L79

1 Like

I had to switch the user back to root. My external hard drive is NTFS and is automatically mounted. I’m planning to get a different external drive and natively format it for Linux (ext4 or such). I could then probably dial in the user permissions.

Working docker-compose.yml:

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  qbittorrent:
    image: linuxserver/qbittorrent
    container_name: qbittorrent
    environment:
#      - PUID=65534
#      - PGID=65534
      - PUID=0
      - PGID=0
      - TZ=America/New_York
      - UMASK_SET=022
      - WEBUI_PORT=8181
    volumes:
      - /storage/qbittorrent:/config
      - /var/media/My Passport:/downloads
    ports:
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
      - 1080:1080
      - 1080:1080/udp
      - 8181:8181
    restart: unless-stopped

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.