Volume mappings in piwigo docker

Hi there,

I managed to run the piwigo docker in my NAS, and it is a great app so far!
I am wondering how I can map the galleries folder in the docker-compose file as a bind mount. My idea is to have the /galleries folder (which is inside the /config folder) in another host machine folder to simplify my backup process.

Cheers

we dont offer direct support for remote mounts, but i would suggest looking at how docker handles nfs (there is a special docker way) and then you could <nfsvolume name>:/config/galleries

I can’t say whether this will work well or not, but i have had luck with using nfs the docker way and having permissions setup properly.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I finally managed to map a folder from my host to the piwigo docker.
So far so good.

cheers.

Sorry for reopeing this old discussion. @lordtech , how did you manage it? I have issues with PUID/PGID as the piwigo image from Linuxserver creates the directories and files in /config which is mapped on a NFS share as “nobody”.

I set PUID/PGID to my own values and on the NFS share the same UID/GID exist with full access to that directory. Piwigo is able to create all files and directories on the NFS share, but cannot change theier permissions after copying and thus, the container is killed.